RFP FY20-21 Early Childhood Mental Health and Early Intervention Capacity Expansion (#MHA FY20-21-ECMH-Early Intervention-06)
The Whole Child Matters Early Childhood Mental Health (EMCH) initiative supports the development and implementation of a workforce specially trained to meet the social, emotional, behavioral, and overall wellness needs of Ohio’s youngest children. By working with parents, teachers, caregivers, and partner agencies, early childhood mental health consultants help to prevent preschool expulsions by helping caregivers successfully manage challenging behaviors that may be the result of dysregulation that is caused by trauma, developmental challenges, or other environmental factors.
To achieve these goals, three funding opportunities are provided to support Ohio’s community infrastructure for children to reach critical benchmarks in kindergarten and school readiness, positive parenting, and youth preparedness and resilience.
- In collaboration with the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD), OhioMHAS Bureau of Children, Youth and Families (BCYF) has released a request for proposals to fund a EMCH consultation capacity across all statewide Early Intervention teams. The amount of funding available is $400,000 per year for up to two years.
- OhioMHAS BCYF has released a request for proposals to support ECMH Consultation expansion co-location into primary care and/or pediatric health settings.
- OhioMHAS Bureau of Children, Youth and Families has released a request for proposals to support ECMH Consultation Expansion into underscored areas of the state. Funding available for ECMH capacity expansion is $850,000 per year for up to two years.
Timeframes, Questions, Technical Assistance, Updates
- The deadline for ECMH expansion proposals submission is 11:59 PM on November 22, 2019, to the following site: MHAS-ECWorkforce@mha.ohio.gov
- Risk of failure or delay in delivery rests with applicant.
- No faxed, mailed, or hand-carried applications will be accepted.
- The RFP, accompanying documents, and all questions and answers will be posted on the OhioMHAS website. Interested parties are required to monitor this website for any updates to the RFP SFY20-21 ECMH.
- Applicant may not contact any OhioMHAS or DODD staff member directly with questions regarding this RFP. Contacting staff directly with questions could result in disqualification of a proposal. Questions can be submitted via email at MHAS-ECWorkforce@mha.ohio.gov.
- The deadline for ECMH proposals submission is 11:59 PM November 22, 2019.
- Questions must be submitted electronically no later than 9 AM November 8, 2019, to MHAS-ECWorkforce@mha.ohio.gov
- Awards are expected to be announced by December 13, 2019 by 5 PM.