Ohio’s Technology First priorities are to support technology to;
- increase safety, independence, and control for people with developmental disabilities
- use technology as a solution to meet the needs of families, providers, and direct support professionals
- increase the use of technology across the lifespan for people with developmental disabilities
To meet the above priorities DODD understands it needs to develop the level of comfort, skill, and knowledge of county boards, ICF/IDDs, and providers to increase the use of technology in service delivery and business operations.
DODD is pleased to announce the Technology First Shift Education project. This project offers a limited number of learners access to Shift’s online enabling technology education and credentialing programs at no cost.
Shift acts as a catalyst for the Technology First movement in the I/DD supports community through resources that inspire possibility. Committed to organizational transformation through education, experiential learning, and professional collaboration with a goal of developing standardized best practices for organizations and states leading the way in the Technology First movement. Shift has developed an online learning community offering courses, professional connections, interactive webinars, and community discussion. The various programs available aim to standardize professional skill development that facilitates the increased utilization of supportive technology as a natural support for home, employment, and community.
DODD has purchased a limited number of slots for each of Shift’s four programs intended for Ohio provider, county board, and ICF/IDD staff. The following programs are available on a first-come basis:
- Enabling Tech Credential for professionals seeking the fundamentals in enabling technology awareness and integration (direct support professionals, job coaches, SSAs, QDIPs mid-level staff)
- Enabling Technology Integration Specialist (ETIS) for specialist on staff with provider organizations, typically supervisors or managers.
- Enabling Technology Navigator (ETN) for service coordinator and specialist staff at county boards of developmental disabilities and ICFs.
- Enabling Technology Leadership Certification for leadership or administrative personnel facilitating the culture shift to Technology First programming.