Changes for PASRR, Level of Care, and PAC that impact County Boards, Waiver Providers, ICFs and DCs
At this time, due to the state of emergency, the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) is suspending all face-to-face requirements for Pre-Admission Screening/Resident Review (PASRR) evaluations. County boards of developmental disabilities will need to complete the following sections of “Level 2 By CB” in the PASRR application and provide the listed documentation:
- ID/RC and recommended professional evaluations.
- All available documentation must be gathered and uploaded into the system: MDS, disability assessment, county board eligibility verification or Form for Eligibility Determination (FED) form, current medical information and list of medications, current physician’s orders, current therapy evaluations, and current progress reports
When the two sections are complete and all required documentation is uploaded, the county board will "Save" and "Submit" to DODD. The department will complete a review of the documentation and decide based on the information provided.
Waiver and intermediate care facilities (ICF) redeterminations for Level of Care (LOC) (County Boards, ICFs, and DCs)
At this time, due to the state of emergency, all LOC spans due to expire before June 1, 2020, will be attested to and approved by DODD department staff to ensure no gap in eligibility and to facilitate the continuation of services.
The Ohio Department of Medicaid has announced that base Medicaid eligibility will continue for currently eligible people throughout the state of emergency.
Pre-Admission Counseling (PAC) submission changes (County Boards and ICFs)
At this time, due to the state of emergency, all Pre-Admission Counseling is on hold until further notice.
As a reminder, proposed changes to the PAC submission process will go live in the system March 26. A few of the high-level changes include:
- PAC forms will be completed and submitted electronically.
- ICFs will enter four additional fields on a consent form.
- County boards will be notified in the PAC dashboard that a PAC ready for a person with disabilities.
- Both ICFs and county boards will receive notices of approval of ICF or waiver.
- There is improved reporting.
The release of the new submission changes will have no impact at this time for county boards or ICFs due to the suspension of PAC.
An updated memo will be sent when ICFs and county boards will be required to use the new PAC system.
For more information on the PAC changes, visit this page.
DODD Support Teams
In this critical time, everyone will be required to work collaboratively, operate differently, and be proactive to limit the spread of COVID-19. During this state of emergency, DODD fully realizes there are on-the-ground issues that require flexibility from normal operations and additional assistance from the department.
DODD support teams are available and consist of staff ready to help county boards and providers.
DODD has set up a dedicated web page for department communications and links to helpful resources that will advise people with disabilities, their families, service providers, direct support professionals, county boards of developmental disabilities, and the community at large.
For specific questions about COVID-19 and additional information and resources, DODD urges you to use the Ohio Department of Health’s call center. Call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634), or visit coronavirus.ohio.gov.