DODD competitively awards grants for work that supports Ohio's developmental disabilities system and the department's mission of continuous improvement of the quality of life for Ohioans with developmental disabilities and their families. All competitive grants follow a similar award process with some variation due to the funding source and program structure.
All questions and application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject lines of emails must contain the applicant’s organization name and the project name identified on the Request for Proposal, known as an RFP.
DODD is seeking proposals from eligible applicants to facilitate the development of Ohio Family Network (OFN) services, which will be led by people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD), as well as their families and siblings, and supported through collaborations with community partners. Family networks help expand access to information and training; foster connections to other people with I/DD, as well as their families and siblings; and increase community engagement and capacity.
The goal of the project is to leverage the knowledge, diversity, and strengths of people with I/DD, as well as their families and siblings, along with public and private resources, to establish an Ohio Family Network of services that is deeply integrated with neighborhoods and local communities.
Eligible applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Must be an organization whose mission, or work performed within the organization, is consistent with the purpose of this RFP.
• The organization’s board of directors or responsible parties must include people with I/DD or a parent, grandparent or sibling of a person with I/DD.
• Proposed leadership of the project must include a person with I/DD or a parent, grandparent or sibling of a person with I/DD.
• Must be willing to provide support to families across multiple life spans, from early intervention through aging.
• Must be able to provide support to families in multiple counties, at least three, in Ohio.