Office of System Support & Standards (OSSAS)
DODD’s Office of System Support and Standards provides support and oversight to county boards of developmental disabilities and providers that deliver services to thousands of Ohioan and their families.
- OSSAS provides support to service and support administrators (SSA), Qualified Intellectual Disability Professionals (QIDP), and those who supervise them.
- OSSAS is providing support and assistance to enhance the culture of service coordination and person-centered planning. This has included developing a statewide assessment and individual service plan which leads SSAs and QIDPs to assist the person in getting what they want in their life.
- OSSAS conducts regulatory reviews of county boards, licensed facilities, and waiver providers. This includes oversight of reviews conducted by CBs and COGs.
- There are routine reviews which are conducted once during each certification period or term of accreditation or licensure.
- Special reviews are conducted in response to concerns related to health and welfare that are received through complaints or major unusual incidents.