All county boards and Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs) will begin to use the OhioISP in September of this year, either on the state platform or through a third-party vendor. There are many resources developed to assist with the transition to the OhioISP and training that is required to be completed by September 2022.
1. All SSAs and QIDPs must complete OhioISP Training Parts 1-3 using either of the following options:
· MyLearning – will receive CPDs individually
· OhioISP website – document completion using the OhioISP Group Training attendance verification form and maintain for your records
3. View videos of the Regional Support Gatherings focused on reviewing each section of the OhioISP along with reviews of other topics.
4. Participate in monthly SSA and QIDP office hours.
5. Watch a demo of DODD’s OhioISP online system.
6. Find updated resources and frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the OhioISP at dodd.ohio.gov/ohioisp.
7. DODD is committed to working through this transition. Please utilize the OhioISP team for questions, demos, and technical assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
OhioISP - ODH Partnership with DODD and ICFs
DODD has engaged in conversations with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) regarding how the OhioISP satisfies requirements in their review process of Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs).
ODH will join the June 23rd OhioISP gathering from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM for ICFs and QIDPs to discuss this further.
ODH issued the following statement in support of the OhioISP implementation:
“The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has worked collaboratively with the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) as they developed the OhioISP. ODH survey staff have reviewed the OhioISP templates and believe the process will meet certification requirements when implemented appropriately. ODH will continue to work closely with DODD as we as we move forward with the next stages of implementation. If you have questions or concerns related to implementation for your home please reach out to Ohioisp@dodd.ohio.gov.
DODD will continue to provide communication about the implementation of the OhioISP. Please visit https://dodd.ohio.gov/compliance/oisp and https://dodd.ohio.gov/compliance/oisp/onboarding/icfs for more information and resources.