Vegetarian Miso Ginger Bowls
Vegetarian Miso-Ginger Bowl
Miso Ginger Dressing:
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp miso paste
1 lime, juiced
1 inch, fresh, peeled, chopped ginger root
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 small squash, cubed, roasted (see #3 below)
2 soft-cooked large eggs (see #4 below)
2 small carrots, grated
1 cucumber, peeled, sliced
1 cup thawed edamame
1 cup arugula (or shredded green cabbage)
1 avocado, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ fresh lemon, juiced
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- On a baking sheet, toss the squash with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp sea salt or kosher salt, and 1 tsp black pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tender
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Place cold eggs into water. Boil eggs for 7 minutes. Prepare a medium-large bowl with ice and cold water. After 7 minutes, immediately places eggs into ice bath for at least 5 minutes. Peel the eggs in the cold water and then set aside. Slice each egg in half.
- Combine dressing ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, cucumber, edamame, arugula, or cabbage. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper
- To serve each bowl: place a scoop of rice on bottom of each bowl, add salad mix on top. Drizzle with dressing. Top with roasted squash, avocado slices, and sliced egg.
*Make this your own by swapping some of the ingredients - swap the rice for udon or spaghetti noodles; swap arugula with kale; swap the squash with roasted beets – this is just a template. Have fun!