Steps to becoming an Independent Provider
Gather documents and non-refundable application fee
This list is not exhaustive. Additional documents may be required. For more information see rule 5123:2-2-01
- $125 non-refundable application fee
- Verification of age (birth certificate)
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) certificate
- Valid driver's license or other government-issued photo identification
- Social security card (independent providers must be certified under their Social Security number)
- Current report from the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII)
- This report must be sent to DODD by the Ohio Attorney General's office. DODD cannot accept reports from the individual.
- Find organizations that offer Web Check on the Ohio Attorney Generals' website.
- First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- Eight hours of Direct Service Provider Training for Initial Certification
- Evidence that you have completed the required eight hours of provider training, like a certificate of completion.