To be an Independent Provider
|An independent provider is a self-employed person who provides services to people with developmental disabilities.
- They are not employees of the State of Ohio or the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD).
- They cannot employ someone else to provide services on their behalf.
Below are some of the requirements to become certified as an Independent Provider. For more requirements see rule
5123:2-2-01 Provider Certification.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a valid social security number.
- Have the ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Steps to becoming an Independent Provider
Initial Overview online training. This orientation for independent providers is required for certification.
for technology requirements for viewing the training.