To be an Independent Provider
The Provider Certification Wizard (PCW) is being re-platformed to a new system titled Provider Services Management (PSM) on December 4, 2017. Any applications started in PCW but not fully submitted (fees paid) by December 1, 2017 will not be saved.
If your application is not submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 1, 2017, your application information will be lost and you will need to create a new application in the new system.
The department is excited to offer this newly re-platformed application format and look forward to your feedback.
|An independent provider is a self-employed person who provides services to people with developmental disabilities.
- They are not employees of the State of Ohio or the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD).
- They cannot employ someone else to provide services on their behalf.
Below are some of the requirements to become certified as an Independent Provider. For more requirements see rule
5123:2-2-01 Provider Certification.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a valid social security number.
- Have the ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Steps to becoming an Independent Provider
the Initial Overview (Orientation for Independent Providers) online training. This orientation for independent providers is required for certification.
for technology requirements for viewing the training.