To be an Agency Provider
The provider certification application will
move from Provider Certification Wizard, or PCW, to a new platform called
Provider Services Management on July 31, 2017. Provider Services
Management, or PSM, will offer an easier platform for providers to submit
initial application packets and recertification packets.
initial application packets or recertification packets that are started in
PCW must be completed and application fees paid before July 30.
Incomplete application or renewal packets will not be saved as the system
changes from PCW to PSM on July 31.
an application in PCW is incomplete July 30, the application
information will be lost when the system changes July 31 and will need to
be restarted in PSM.
make sure your email address is current in PCW so additional communication
regarding the new system reaches you.
login for PSM will be the same as it was for PCW.
An agency provider
is an entity that directly employs a chief executive officer (CEO) and
at least one other person for the purpose of providing services to
people with developmental disabilities.
Below are some requirements of agency providers and the chief executive officer (CEO).
For more requirements see rule
The agency must
- Be a for-profit corporation, non-profit corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership.
- Have an employer identification number from the IRS.
- Have an employer identification number from the bureau of workers' compensation.
- Have comprehensive general liability insurance in the amount of at least five hundred thousand dollars.
- Have established internal system to ensure compliance with requirements for providers, employees, and contractors.
- This includes things like background checks, certification, service delivery, documentation, and billing for services.
a CEO (or another person designated in writing by the CEO) that will be
actively involved in the day-to-day operation of the agency and oversee
the provision of services.
The CEO must
Steps to becoming an Agency Provider
the Initial Overview online training. This
orientation for agency providers is required for certification. Click here
requirements for viewing the training.