To be an Agency Provider
The Provider Certification Wizard (PCW) is being re-platformed to a new system titled Provider Services Management (PSM) on December 4, 2017. Any applications started in PCW but not fully submitted (fees paid) by December 1, 2017 will not be saved.
If your application is not submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 1, 2017, your application information will be lost and you will need to create a new application in the new system.
The department is excited to offer this newly re-platformed application format and look forward to your feedback.
An agency provider
is an entity that directly employs a chief executive officer (CEO) and
at least one other person for the purpose of providing services to
people with developmental disabilities.
Below are some requirements of agency providers and the chief executive officer (CEO).
For more requirements see rule
The agency must
- Be a for-profit corporation, non-profit corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership.
- Have an employer identification number from the IRS.
- Have an employer identification number from the bureau of workers' compensation.
- Have comprehensive general liability insurance in the amount of at least five hundred thousand dollars.
- Have established internal system to ensure compliance with requirements for providers, employees, and contractors.
- This includes things like background checks, certification, service delivery, documentation, and billing for services.
a CEO (or another person designated in writing by the CEO) that will be
actively involved in the day-to-day operation of the agency and oversee
the provision of services.
The CEO must
Steps to becoming an Agency Provider
the Initial Overview (Orientation for Agency Providers) online training. This
orientation for agency providers is required for certification. Click here
requirements for viewing the training.