To be an Agency Provider
PCW Reformat Delay: PSM in Testing
this year, the department announced that its online application Provider
Certification Wizard or PCW is being "re-platformed" to a new, more
user-friendly system called Provider Services Management (PSM).
will take the place of PCW in guiding providers through the process of
submitting new and renewal applications, however it will launch statewide later than anticipated. While the department
previously stated that PSM would be available on August 28, extensive
testing and data validation are still underway, with the goal of ensuring a
smooth transition from PCW to PSM.
This extended timeline means that providers submitting new or
renewal applications will have more time to complete applications in PCW before
the system is replaced by PSM.
for more information, including a new PSM launch timeline in Memo Monday and
next week’s Pipeline.
An agency provider
is an entity that directly employs a chief executive officer (CEO) and
at least one other person for the purpose of providing services to
people with developmental disabilities.
Below are some requirements of agency providers and the chief executive officer (CEO).
For more requirements see rule
The agency must
- Be a for-profit corporation, non-profit corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership.
- Have an employer identification number from the IRS.
- Have an employer identification number from the bureau of workers' compensation.
- Have comprehensive general liability insurance in the amount of at least five hundred thousand dollars.
- Have established internal system to ensure compliance with requirements for providers, employees, and contractors.
- This includes things like background checks, certification, service delivery, documentation, and billing for services.
a CEO (or another person designated in writing by the CEO) that will be
actively involved in the day-to-day operation of the agency and oversee
the provision of services.
The CEO must
Steps to becoming an Agency Provider
the Initial Overview online training. This
orientation for agency providers is required for certification. Click here
requirements for viewing the training.