Information for Agency Providers
An agency provider is a person employed by an entity for the purpose of providing services to people with developmental disabilities. Agency Providers must be certified by DODD.
Steps toward Initial Certification
Step 1: Gather your documents
You will need the following:
- Verification of age: You must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma/GED: Unless you held provider certification or were employed by a certified agency provider on September 30, 2009
- State Identification: Valid driver's license or government-issued photo ID
- Copy of your Social Security Card: You can get a corrected or replacement card for free from the Social Security Administration
- Current report from the Bureau of Criminal Identification an d Investigation (BCII): To find where you can get a background check, contact your County Board, or look at the list of organizations that offer Web Check on the Ohio Attorney Generals' website
- Valid American Red Cross or equivalent First Aid Certification: In-person training required-find an American Red Cross training class
- Valid American Red Cross or equivalent CPR Certification: In-person training required-find an American Red Cross training class
- Evidence of completion of Provider Initial Certification Training: This may include a certificate provided upon completion of all eight hours of training
Step 2: Create an account
New Provider Agency CEO Orientation
Interested in starting a provider agency of your own? Are you a new CEO for a provider agency? This New Provider Agency CEO Orientation is a required training that offers information to support new agency CEOs. It takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Users with Internet Explorer 9 can have difficulty loading modules. If you are experiencing technical difficulty, consider updating your browser or your Flash Player.
We have noted users with
Internet Explorer 9
can have difficulty loading modules. If you are experiencing technical
difficulty accessing this online training, consider updating your
browser or your Flash Player.
Agency providers renew their DODD provider certification every three years. Follow these steps to renew your certification.