Community Capital Assistance (CCA)
The Community Capital Assistance (CCA) program provides funding to County Boards and non-profit organizations for the purchase, construction, and/or renovation of community housing for persons with developmental disabilities.
- May be licensed or non-licensed settings (not ICFs/IID)
- Must be settings of four or fewer
- May be single family homes, duplexes, quad-plexes, or condos
- No mobile homes/trailers
- May not be located adjacent to each other if it gives the appearance of 'clustering'
- Funding from DODD is to the County Board, which has a contract with a local non-profit Housing Corporation that owns/manages the property
- Funding based on projected housing development and project cost – cannot exceed 90 percent of the project cost
- Funding also available for renovations and accessibility modifications.
- Renovation/Accessibility projects may be funded up to 75 percent of appraised home value
Applicable Administrative Rules:
- County Board submits Letter of Intent (LOI) to the DODD Capital Office
- DODD reviews and approves or denies LOI
- If approved, various forms and documents are submitted for review and approval prior to project initiation
- Project begins – DODD monitors the project
- Upon project completion – DODD reviews and approves
- DODD process payment to County Board
View the Housing Purchase
Flow Chart (PDF) and Residential
Renovation project Flow Chart (PDF) for
For more information, contact Katie Schroeder at Katie.Schroeder@dodd.ohio.gov or 614-752-2342, or Aaron Lichtenauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-387-5807.