Reviewing Rap Sheets for Hits
Download a printable PDF
Once enrolled in Rapback, an employee's fingerprints are automatically compared against incoming arrest and disposition information. Comparisons are initiated in real-time as new arrests and judicial information become available.
1. If there is a match between an enrollee and an event (an arrest or judicial information), also known as a "hit," an email notification is sent to all email addresses on file. The subject line of the email states "Rapback Activity." There will not be any information in the email about which enrollee had a match.
2. Log in to Rapback and go to the "Affirm/Disaffirm Enrollment" page.
3. Affirm or Disaffirm the Rap Sheet.
- Affirm means you are entitled to view the Rap Sheet, as the employee is still employed by your agency and is required to be in Rapback.
- Disaffirm means that you are not entitled to view the Rap Sheet, as the employee is no longer employed by your agency or no longer is required to be enrolled in Rapback. Once disaffirmed, access to the Rap Sheet is revoked. The employee should be unenrolled from Rapback.
4. Go to the "Entitled Rap Sheet" Page to view the Affirmed Rap Sheet. Affirmed Rap Sheets can be viewed for 60 days from the date of the notification.
- Rap Sheets will only be displayed for 60 days from the date of the notification. You must save or print the Rap Sheets – the Office of Provider Standards and Review may ask to see the Rap Sheets.
- You may only Affirm a Rap Sheet when the employee is still employed with your agency. If the employee is no longer employed with your agency, you must Disaffirm enrollment.