Accessing the Automated Registry Check System
Access ARCS Existing Account (PDF)
Access ARCS New Account (PDF)
County Boards and provider agencies are required to check six different registries when conducting pre- and post-hiring registry checks of employees. Instead of searching six different websites, you now can check all six registries at once by using the Automated Registry Check System (ARCS). ARCS checks the following registries:
- Excluded Parties List System (U.S. General Services Administration)
- List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (U.S. Office of Inspector General)
- Ohio Sex Offender and Child Victim Database (Ohio Attorney General's Office)
- DODD Abuser Registry Verification (Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities)
- Ohio Nurse Aide Registry (Ohio Department of Health)
- ODRC Inmates Database (Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction)
Follow the steps below to access ARCS.
Steps to Access ARCS
Step One: Update your provider information in MITS
Make sure your Medicaid provider information is up to date in the Medicaid Information Technology System (MITS) portal, including your contact name and email address. Update your information by following the instructions in Attachment 1 (existing MITS account), or Attachment 2 (new MITS account).
If your organization has a Medicaid Provider Number, you already have an account.
The easiest way to update your account is to have your MITS administrator (usually your fiscal or billing person who handles claims) update the provider information by following the instructions in the Automated Registry Check System User Guide.
Note: This is the only time you will need to set up the MITS portal for this purpose. If you need help, call the MITS help line at 800-686-1516. To talk with a person, select the following options: 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 0. Once the talking starts again, select 0.
Step Two: Send an email to ARCS
Send an email to the ARCS help desk at ARCS.Support@Medicaid.Ohio.gov notifying them that you have updated your information, and provide them with the name of your agency and your agency's Medicaid provider number.
The ARCS help desk will verify that there is an email address and contact name in MITS, and that the Medicaid number you provide is assigned to your agency. It also will confirm that your agency is an agency that is able to use ARCS.
Once everything is verified, the ARCS help desk will import your contact information from MITS to ARCS. At this time, the help desk is doing the imports twice a month – on the 1st and 15th.
Step Three: Look for an email from the ARCS help desk
- If you have not provided a contact name and email address in MITS, or the agency name and Medicaid provider number do not match, you will receive an email from the ARCS help desk notifying you of this so you can update your information.
- If you have provided a contact name and email address in MITS, and the Medicaid number and agency name match, you will receive the welcome to ARCS email. This email will go to the contact person and email address set up in MITS.
Note: If you have completed all of the steps above and do not receive the welcome to ARCS email, contact the ARCS help desk at ARCS.Support@Medicaid.Ohio.gov.
Step Four: Set up your ARCS account
Log in to ARCS and set up your account. From here, you can change your email address in ARCS.
The Automated Registry Check System User Guide is on DODD's website. Click on link for Providers or County Boards, and go to Resources.